Friday, October 18, 2013

Shouldn't be so hard to be you -- or me!

Ah, man! Why do we make it so hard for people to be who they really are! And I include myself -- Why do I make it so hard for me to be me? Oh, the pain I see in people's eyes as they play games with themselves and the people around them. Even the ones who love them best.

It all goes back to labels. The hardest thing in the world is to peel them all away -- labels self-assigned, and labels assigned by others -- and find the best me so often buried away ever so deep. I get glimpses of "him" -- and I like what I glimpse! But then he hides away all over again. Only coming out now and then.

Is the real you really that bad that you have to hide you away? Is the real me so bad that I have to hide me away? Funny, stupid-sounding questions. But the answers are so obvious when you live with people who are barely visible...know what I mean?

I want to live and love in such a way that people feel safe being -- and becoming -- who they really are. Who they really want to be. And still be loved.

The only life goal that really matters to me?  Love. Everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time and trouble to be in touch -- heart to heart!